I know it's been a while since I've updated this. Sorry! I've tried to keep it to the 3 main topics above.
Health - Well, in January, I was put on high cholesterol and high blood pressure meds. In March, I had an increase in my migraine meds and my asthma meds. I'm working on walking in the mornings with Indy and working on my diet. I did have the students in one of my classes suggest that I try out for "The Biggest Loser". That was a fun day :) Which brings me to ......
Work - This week has been hard. We have been giving the AIMS test (Arizona's standardized testing). I think it's harder for the teachers to watch than for the kids to take. I have students who are 4 to 5 grades below their grade level age wise. Federal law requires that the students take this test on their grade level. So, most of the time, the kids just make patterns with the bubble sheet. We also have our annual "Play Day", end of the year "Bowling Field trip" and packing up to move into our new building to look forward to in the next 5 weeks. :)
Life - Overall, life is good. I was really glad for April conference and now have a few more goals to work on. I love working in the Primary. Spring has lasted longer than normal (by Phoenix standards). We're going to hit 90 degrees for the first time this weekend. So goodbye spring - hello summer.
I'm getting excited for the end of the school year, the Waite family reunion in North Carolina, and other adventures coming up.
2 comments:
Ya gotta love no child left behind!We have not quite made it to spring yet. It keeps snowing. I am angry. I just really like spring and I want winter to be done. The mission reunion was fun. It is always good to see old friends.
Yay! You're a blogger! So am I! I always felt bad about Becca being in a regular school because she is so obviously not even on any chart at all, so she pulled scores down for sure. NCLB was a good idea, in theory, but I'm still waiting for something that makes more sense! :) Becca is in a special school now and it is AWESOME!!
Post a Comment