So far it's been a great and quiet Christmas vacation. It seems to be the "in law" year, so all of my brothers and sister's families celebrated Christmas with their spouses' families. With just Mom, Dad and I, we were able to sleep in (I think this is the first time in 30 plus years that I have slept in on Christmas).
My birthday was nice and quiet too. It's just been great to relax and not have to worry about school, jobs, or other things that come with adulthood. Mom and Dad gave me some nice clothes and a jacket, Ryan and his family gave me a beautiful green scarf, Matt and Katie gave me the "Top Chef" cookbook (which I love!!), and Jessica and Eric gave me a knitting book and scarf project. Thanks to all of you. I love each of you.
On Dec. 26th, it was cold enough in Tucson to have snow!! Yes, snow in Tucson. What happened to global warming?? Anyway, it didn't stick, but it gave a nice Christmas feel for a few hours.
I came home so I could play the piano for Primary on Sunday. In our ward, we only had about 15 kids in Primary. A really quiet Sunday.
I'm planning on finishing a few more errands here at home and then go to Tucson for New Years. One of my errands is to try out the new Light Rail that has opened in Phoenix. Hopefully this will help with my commute to school and home. :)
Have a great rest of 2008 and welcome 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment