Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year everyone. According to my Dad, I have joined the ranks of "old people" because I didn't stay awake until midnight (Tucson time). I did celebrate with New York so I counted that. :)

My mind is now drifting back to the real world. My crazy world of chemistry, solar systems, constellations, and sign language. I am also celebrating a milestone. I have been teaching for 10 years. Or I am 1/4 of my way to retirement. Either way, I have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn.

I guess I need to have a paragraph devoted to resolutions. I just have a few.
1. I want to improve my cooking skills. I have several cookbooks (including some new ones) that have great recipes that I want to try. So I will try one new recipe a week.
2. This is my "walking to Boston" resolution. My carpool buddy, who is working towards her 2nd 1/2 marathon, is trying to get me ready for at least a 5K. So, I'm going to start walking 3 days a week, working towards daily.
3. This one has to do with scripture study. I'm going to just focus on The Doctrine and Covenants and The Book of Mormon this year. I've been serving in Primary for almost 3 years and fallen out of the habit of reading daily. So, 2 pages in The Book of Mormon daily and the weekly assignment for Sunday School. That's my focus this year.

That's it for now. Obviously there will be more fun times and more challenging times. But that's what life is for.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Christina! I just got 2 emails back from the addresses you sent me a little while ago. I have a newsy letter to send to you and nowhere to send it! Please write to me with whatever email you are using these days. :D By the way, my brother, Darrin, was over for New Years and although we did stay up, we didn't pause our video game playing to welcome the new year and he was like, "So, is this what it's like to be old?" :D I love you SO much! We really must figure out a way to get together! Maybe on one of your exotic jet setting vacations, you'll have a lay over in Utah or something. :D Happy 2009! You're better than me with the resolutions... I should blog that! ;)