Well, I finished week 1 and 2 fairly successfully with my new batch of students. We have bigger class sizes. The biggest class I have is 9 and the smallest class I have is 6. I know that all of the public school teachers are laughing their heads off saying "only 9??? only 6???" I know. I know. Having taught in both worlds, I can see where I look like I'm complaining. But all of these are profoundly deaf students. In an ideal world, they should have one on one education. But that's another debate for another budget meeting.
I have had a few health setbacks. I threw my back out Tuesday morning. Not by cliff jumping or wrestling. No, by setting a small pile of mail on my kitchen table. Just that one twisting motion, and I couldn't move. So for two days, I was in bed and on muscle relaxants. (The muscle relaxants were the best part). After this weekend, I think (knock on wood), that I'm back to working condition. But I've had a lot of time to think of my health. Which brings me to the new additions to the blog.
Addition number 1: the weight tracker. No I will not post my weight on the blog. At least not yet. But I do have a weight tracker to track the first 50 pounds that I need to loose. This is about as public as I'll get with this. So, every week, I'll put an update. Hopefully, I will get closer to my goal. You will see me do a few 50 pound weight trackers, but for now we'll start at this first one.
Addition number 2: Spark People button. Jessica (my sister) showed me this site when I went to visit her in June. I've started to become more excited about it over the past few weeks. Jessica and I had several heart to heart talks while I was with her, many concerning my health. I really love her for lovingly pointing things out to me that I've tried to hide for many years. Anyway, she showed me this site, and it's a good start up diet site for me. I'm not saying it's great for everyone, but just to let all of you know what I'm up to.
Anyway, that's it for now. More to come, and less of me to report next week. (Hopefully).
2 comments:
hope school is going well and is that a turtle in your profile picture?
sounds like good goals!
Post a Comment