Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy November

Things are going well. I think my parents and I are settling into a workable grove of our days here in Tucson. The past few days have been a blur for both Mom and I. I caught a NASTY cold on Friday and by Saturday night Mom was down for the count with it. We don't think it's the flu because we didn't come down with fevers, but it knocked us both flat. Monday, Mom was on one couch and I was on the other and we didn't move far.

I've started physical therapy on my leg. It's going good. Our first mini goal is to get it as straight as it can be. So each time I'm watching TV, my leg is out stretched on the footrest. I've also been doing some bending and lifting exercises. One that's the hardest right now is doing a side leg lift. That's where I am laying down on my left side (good leg) and then I raise my right leg towards the ceiling. It was easier doing it Jane Fonda or something when I was in high school. But I know it will get stronger over time.

My friend Lori is also doing well. I think her kids are stepping up and learning some new chores, like laundry.

That's about it for now. More updates to follow. :)

No comments: