Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I have so many things to be thankful this year. Many of my blessings have been shown in the past two months.
First and foremost is family and friends. I was surprised by how many phone calls, emails, cards and especially
prayers were sent to me or in my behalf after my accident. It was so comforting to know that I was being thought of. As a single
person, I sometimes forget how many people in my life care about what happens to me. I am very grateful to everyone who even has had the smallest part in helping me recover.
Second I am thankful for my parents. I have come and taken over their master bedroom, put their lives on a schedule around doctor appointments and therapy sessions and they have gladly helped me with whatever I have needed. The selfish part of me has really enjoyed having my parents all to myself. It has been a blessing to be able to spend this time with them as an adult. It's a blessing that I am not sure will come again.
Third I am thankful for the miracle of the human body. I see little signs of improvement everyday. Something as small as being able to tie my shoes is celebrated. Heavenly Father has given us wonderful bodies that heal better than any scientific inventon could match.
Finally (at least for now) I am thankful to Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that Lori and I were where we could receive prompt medical attention. I am thankful for helpful members of the church that stepped in when my family couldn't. I have learned more now how Heavenly Father knows me and my needs perfectly.
Happy Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment