Day one of spring break - spent most of the day sleeping. :) I did something to my shoulder and have enjoyed a great muscle relaxant, heating pad, and quiet.
I have discovered a few things in the past few months:
1) Spring cleaning will take more than just one week. I need to figure out that my condo cleaning will take more than one day, one week. This is a confession - I'm trying to be a grown up. I have come to the sad conclusion that cleaning is an everyday affair.
2) I'm learning to take news/political topics in smaller doses. Life will continue whether Romney/Santorum/Gingrich or Obama will be sworn in next January.
3) I really love teaching high school. I never thought I'd say that, but it's much more fun that middle school. After 10 years of teaching, maybe I've found my niche. :)
4) I have a great ward and great friends. It's sometimes hard when I'll spend the day teaching teenagers then come home to a dog that just barks, whines and growls. But my friends seem to know when I need to talk. I am so grateful for those times.
5) I love listening to books on iPod. I was able to enjoy Hunger Games throughout my drives to and from work. I'm now listening to the Book of Mormon to work and another book coming home. My mood has improved 110% just by doing this one simple thing.
That's about it for now. We'll see what more introspection comes through Spring Cleaning.
1 comment:
Can I just tell you how much I agree with what you said about cleaning? Such a bummer that it has to be done every day! Seriously! I want things like clean dishes to "last" longer, but they don't. *sigh*
That's great that you love high school! You are probably SO wonderful! :)
I have SO many books on my "to read" list... I should try listening to them while I do other things. I loved Harry Potter that way. :)
Post a Comment