I have signed up for an on-line cooking class for this summer. (It will keep me busy and away from the T.V. - hopefully). It started today and I'm going to try one of the dishes tonight - Chicken a la King. (The above picture is how it turned out - I made a few substitutions like green beans for mushrooms, but it tasted good!)
The class is called Luscious, Low-Fat, Lightning-Quick Meals. I hope to get more ideas on what to cook instead of my basic tuna pasta salad and cold cereal dinners.
Here are some of the recipes to come:
Italian Meat Loaf
Turkey Tetrazini
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Cinnamon Chicken
Pan Broiled London Broil
Grilled Ginger-Lime Salmon
Asian Tangerine Scallops
Farmer Chili (with soybeans)
Tofu Pumpkin Custard (?????)
Oven-Fried Chicken
Speedy Lasagna
Tofu Key Lime Pie (if I like this one - then the class is definitely worth it)
I'll keep you updated on my culinary adventures. :)
1 comment:
Looks YUMMY! When am I invited over for dinner? :D I've been trying to spice up my regular meals, too. I usually go online and hunt down a recipe that I have the ingredients for. Tonight we had these chicken, ham, cheese, bacon wraps that I used turkey bacon for and they turned out very delicious! Surprise! :D I also have batter in the fridge for applesauce pancakes in the morning. I read an article today about how if you eat a good amount of your calories for the day at breakfast that it helps. Geoff is riding his bike and doing what he can and I'm trying to help! ;)
Post a Comment