Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back in School again

Well, 6 weeks in school and I'm still alive. My science classes are doing well. I'm only teaching 7th and 8th grade this year. We're in a brand new building with fun new techno toys to play with - mainly a smart board. For those of you who don't know what that is, think of a white board that's connected to your computer and you can treat it like your computer screen. It makes life a lot easier when you're trying to explain what an animal cell looks like or even what a bug looks like. :)

I'm also on the school's sex ed commitee this year. I'm actually one of the co-chairs (yeah for me!). I'm looking at this as a learning opportunity in many ways. It's one of the first leadership positions I've had so far at the school. It's also a subject that (sadly) isn't being taught in the homes with parents who are able to communicate with these kids. And (unfortunately) we as teachers become the next in line. I remember being scared to teach this 5 years ago when I first came to PDSD. Now, I've resigned myself to see there's little options left if students are to be healthy.

On to happier news, I'm going to be the aunt of twins. I never thought that being an aunt would be so fun. I love playing with and hearing all the stories and antics of my niece and nephews. Jayden has the cutest smile. Jaxxen has the funniest laugh. Logan is smart as a whip (when he knows who his Mom is talking to - that's one smart kid!). Cooper just tells it like it is and keeps things in perspective. Adrienne is growing up into a beautiful young lady. I can't wait to see what's the next chapter of the Aunt Christina adventures.

I guess that's it for now. More in a few weeks. 2 1/2 weeks until Fall break (at least I'm not counting the days). :)

1 comment:

Diana said...

I like that you're "only" teaching 7th and 8th grade! That would scare me to death! :D I'm glad you like it, though! I'm sure that really comes through for those kids and what an important time in life to feel good about yourself!

Wow, twins! I keep hearing about twins, makes me not want to think about having any more! ;)

You are incredible! I just love coming here and reading about your life. I just LOVE being in touch with you!! :D