I'm currently in Tucson, enjoying my first full day of Fall Break. I am ready for this break! It's been a long few weeks. It's nice to be able to relax for a few days.
I guess it's time for another update.
Work
Pick a job - any job!!! I'm in the process of working at 4 different jobs/job titles so my needs are met. 3 are with PDSD: my main teaching, ASL teaching (on Thurs. nights), and after school tutoring (Tues. - Thurs.). My 4th job is with Sylvan (Mon. nights and Sat. mornings). With the current economy, my hours at Sylvan have been cut back. This time last year, I would work around 15 hours a week. Since June, I've been averaging 4-5 hours a week. So, I applied for the two other jobs to help make up the difference. I'm hopeful that things will work out for the best. :)
Church
We're currently working on our Primary program. We'll be performing it at the end of this month. I really enjoy working in Primary. The kids are so fun to watch and have the greatest answers to everything. Two weeks ago, we had a little girl say the closing prayer. She asked that we would "be able to change from our church clothes into our pajamas and relax the rest of the day." I've never heard someone pray for us to specifically relax. Ah, the mouth of babes.
Other
I'm not sure what to call this part. Personally, I'm just glad to be on break. I'm planning on staying here in Tucson with Mom and Dad for a few days, then spend the rest of the week cleaning my condo. My roommate moved out and left things less than clean. So, I have a bit of work to do.
Hope things are well with everyone. More to come later.........
1 comment:
What I wouldn't give to take an ASL class from you on Thursday nights!! :) My kids all sign, but we haven't moved much past a few cue words. Landon (1) signs "more" and says "mo-mo"... you know, like the ring leader of the three stooges. :D Emily (6) is really interested in it and asks me signs all the time. Since I've only officially ever taken one college level ASL class, I'm limited, but I have some websites bookmarked and "The Joy of Signing"... I'd love to learn more someday! You have always been my signing hero! ;) I should blog about that. :D
Post a Comment